We care about You! Don't become a statistic and make arrangements with us, to make it to your destination. Myrtle Beach Police Department, Horry County Police and South Carolina Highway Patrol are always on the look out for drivers, driving under the influence. The cost of a DUI is far greater than a Taxi.
Here's a break down from WMBF news:
Motor vehicle insurance fees: The cost of insurance doubles for at least the first three years after a DUI conviction. For an average driver in South Carolina, that amounts to an increase of $3,000.
Court fees: Fines for a DUI can be up to $2,000, but will be a minimum of $1,000.
Attorney fees: According to attorneys throughout the state, $3,500 is the average cost to fight a first offense DUI.
Alcohol and Drug Safety Action Program: Drivers charged with a DUI are required to go through the ADSAP program. The minimum cost of the program is $500. Additional fees could be as high as $2,500.
Bail bondsman: Bail bondsmen charge a maximum of 15 percent of the fine. That equates to at least $150 for a DUI fine.
Vehicle towing: The average cost of a vehicle tow is upwards of $150.
License reinstatement fee: The South Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles charges a $100 license reinstatement fee.
2011 Alcohol-Impaired Driving Fatality Data from Century Council
- Total Alcohol-Impaired Driving Fatalities 314
- Percent of Total Driving Fatalities Involving Alcohol-Impaired Drivers 37.9
- Under 21 Alcohol-Impaired Driving Fatalities 41
- Percent of Total Driving Fatalities Involving Under 21
- Alcohol Impaired Drivers 32.8
- 2011 Alcohol-Impaired Driving Fatalities per 100,000 Population Alcohol-Impaired Driving Fatalities per 100K population 6.7 Under 21
- Alcohol-Impaired Driving Fatalities per 100K population 3.2
- 2001-2011 % Change in Alcohol-Impaired Driving Fatalities per 100K Pop
- 10-year Change in Alcohol-Impaired Driving Fatalities per 100K pop -40.3
- 10-year Change in Under 21 Alcohol-Impaired Driving Fatalities per 100K pop -49.7
- Percent of Alcohol-Impaired Driving Fatalities Involving high BAC drivers (.15+)
- BAC=.15+ 68
- Percent of Drivers in Fatal Crashes Involving Repeat Offenders
- BAC .08-.14 29
- BAC .15+ 71
- 2010 and 2011 12-20 Year Old Alcohol Consumption Past Month Alcohol Consumption 22.7
- Binge Drinking in Past 30-days 13.7
- 2011 Arrest Data Under 18: Driving under the influence 108
- Total: Driving under the influence 15674
- Under 18: Liquor laws 566
- Total: Liquor laws 7466
- Under 18: Drunkenness 81
- Total: Drunkenness 8736